Blink app for PC is widely used to monitor the security cameras. It is a kind of surveillance tool which gives you access to the live feed of blink CCTV cameras. You should download and use the Blink Home Monitor app if you are concerned about the security of your beloved ones.
What is the Blink Home Monitor camera?
Blink Home Monitor camera is a popular IP camera which is known for monitoring your home or office. Compared to the other camera devices, it will not cost you much. Anyone can conveniently set these cameras at any place. Only you have to put two batteries inside the cameras and place them.
There is no use of wires and cables in these Blink cams. That’s why you can place the cameras inside the house when you are at home. Alternatively, you can place them right after your front door when you are out of your house.
About the Blink app for desktop
The developer of this application is the Immedia Semiconductor Company. It is one of the best surveillance apps that comes with an easy to navigate UI. This monitoring tool is available at the lowest price. Its associated application is also free of cost. So the Blink app for windows can be the right choice for you.
Features of Blink App For PC
Here are some top features of the Blink App for PC:
- Check and manage multiple home security cameras remotely.
- Watch and capture the live stream at detailed full-HD resolution.
- Smart motion detection to accurately alert suspicious movements.
- Two-way communication to talk with the family members and pets.
- Well-designed interface for ease of access and convenience.
Benefits of using the Blink app on computer
Blink is one of the most well-developed home security camera management out there. It is equipped with several smart and intelligent features to make your home surveillance easier. It shows you real-time camera feeds at HD resolution, allowing you to check all the details from the feed. Besides, it has a smart motion detection system to alert you about suspicious movement through push notification.
With the Blink cameras and app, you can also enjoy two-way communication. This feature allows you to talk with the people in front of the camera. The Blink app also allows you to auto-capture the live feeds and store them over the cloud for checking later. All the feature of the app is pretty easy to control from the well-designed UI. Such amazing qualities make it one of the best security camera management app.
There are many reasons for using this security app. Now we are going to discuss some of the key advantages of using the Blink cam app on PC.
- It can detect every single movement and also notify you whenever someone is around the camera.
- By using this app, you can connect with multiple devices.
- The Blink cam for PC gives a clear view of the live video on a big screen.
- All the streaming videos are recorded in HD quality.
- It’s a free online application without ads.
How to Install the Blink app for PC using MEmu Play
This app is officially not available for desktop users. But we are delivering the following steps that you may consider before downloading the software. We will use some Android emulators to make an environment in your computer for installing the smartphone apps. MEmu Play is a topmost app player that we will show now.
Step 1. Go to the official website of MEmu Play and download the emulator.
Step 2. After installing, launch the app player now. In the next screen, log in with your Gmail account.
Step 3. Find the Play Store and search for the Blink Home Monitor app.
Step 4. To start the installation process, press the Install button. A few minutes later, you will see the Blink app icon.
Step 5. Now click on it to start using.
How to Install the Blink app for PC using BlueStacks
BlueStacks is another specialized Android app emulator. Let’s begin the procedure with this app player.
Step 1. Install the Bluestacks software on your PC. The whole process may take a few minutes to complete.
Step 2. Similar to the previous method, find the Google play store in the emulator.
Step 3. Use your Google account details for login. Then search for the Blink Home Monitor app.
Step 4. Select the correct app and click on the Install button.
Step 5. When the application is installed on your PC, double-tap on the app icon to open and run it.
How to Connect the Blink Cams with the App?
It’s effortless to connect IP cameras with the Blink app for PC. All you have to do is, scan the QR-code with your smartphone or computer. The QR-code should be placed outside the camera devices. You will get a successful connection notification within a few seconds.
So adding the camera in the Blink application is pretty straightforward. Check out the below steps to acknowledge how to connect the blink cams with the app:
- Open the Blink app from your device and click on the Sync module. After doing so, you should see a green connection line that defines that you are connected with the Blink server.
- Now you will find a plus (+) icon on the home screen of the Blink app. Click on it to connect the cameras.
- Now you will be redirected to the “Add Device” screen. You will find a Blink wireless camera, mini camera, etc. listed on the screen.
- Typically, you will not require the sync module for the mini cameras. However, you can add it with a sync module for extended functionalities. After clicking on the camera, you can scan a QR code from the camera body to add the camera.
- You may also enter the serial key manually if the QR code function is not working. You will find the serial number under the battery compartment of the camera.
- After the camera is successfully added, you will see recommendations on camera placement.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can blink cameras be hacked?
As the Blink cameras depend on Wireless Technology or Wi-Fi, it is susceptible to hacking. However, the manufacturer of the camera regularly releases firmware updates to avoid unethical access. So, you can be worry-free as there are no recent recorded incidents of hacking on it.
Do blink cameras work without wifi?
No, the Blink camera will not work without Wi-Fi. It must require a decent 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi-based data connection for a smooth operation.
Can I view my blink camera away from home?
As long as the camera is connected to Wi-Fi, you can access the cameras from anywhere with the Blink app. Apart from viewing the camera, you can also record, get motion alerts, and perform other operations.
What does blue light on the Blink camera mean?
The blue light on the Blink cameras indicates its armored state. It means that the camera is turned on and ready to record and detect motions.
Can you turn off the blue light on the Blink camera?
Yes, it is possible to turn off the blue light on the Blink camera. There is a small hardware switch on the cameras to turn off the light. You can also check the user manual to know the process of turning it off.
Blink Home Monitor App Alternatives
As we mentioned earlier, Blink is one of the best home security camera monitor apps out there. However, if you are not happy with it, you may consider these alternatives:
The Arlo app arrives with similar features to the Blink apps. It also has a well-designed interface to smoothly control your security cameras from anywhere. Apart from the identical functions like motion detection, record, and night vision, the Arlo app brings you an additional feature, a built-in siren to expel the intruders.
If you are searching for an easier alternative to the Blink app, the ReoLink app will be an excellent choice for you. You can easily connect and track multiple cameras with it. It comes with a variety of features, including PTZ Control, schedule video recording, email, push notification, multi-channel viewing, and much more.