People nowadays prefer online streaming services rather than the cable box. The streaming services are affordable, and you can even watch some titles free of charge. Besides, you can now use a traditional TV by utilizing a Fire Stick to watch on-demand TV shows and movies. The Fire Stick offers you excellent flexibility when compared with regular TV.
Typically, you will require purchasing the Fire Stick with Amazon credentials. After the recent data breaching incidents, you may want to buy a Fire Stick without an Amazon account. So, if your question is, “can I use a Fire Stick without an amazon account?” then go through the article.
In today’s guide, we will let you know the ways of using a Fire Stick without an Amazon account.
How to Use Fire Stick without an Amazon Account
Well, there are several tricks that you can implement to use Fire Stick without an Amazon account. The first thing you can do is to purchase the Fire Stick in an alternative way. The device needs to be purchased from Amazon in the regular process, and it comes with your login credentials. You can try buying the Fire Stick from craigslist, eBay, or some other sites.
You will not require giving the credential to Amazon while you purchase the Fire Stick in this way. You can also make use of your second Amazon account while purchasing the Fire Stick. Don’t worry; you can de-register the second account after purchasing. If you don’t already have a second account, you will need to register first. Here is how to do it:
- Open amazon.com from your PC/ Smartphone browser.
- Then click on “Account and listing” from the top-right.
- Then select “create an account” from there.
- Give the information like name, email, password to initiate further.
- Now Amazon will send a link to verify the account. Do it.
Now connect the Fire Stick with the TV and turn both of the devices on. You will see a setup screen on the TV for login or registration. Click login and enter the account credentials that you created a while ago. That’s it; you will be redirected to the homepage. Now you will need to download a third-party app to access content (like Kodi). Then de-register the account to get rid of Amazon.
Here is how to de-register an Amazon account:
- Press the home button on the remote of the Fire Stick. This will open the account option.
- Now find the Amazon account under the Account option.
- Press de-register and confirm the action.
Following the steps, you will be de-registered from Amazon. Make sure to download and setup Kodi before de-registering the amazon ID. Follow the below paragraph to install Kodi App.
How to Download Kodi App
The Kodi app is an open-source app. Due to copyright issues, there is no content on the official version of the app. You will need to download a modified version of the app to get access to the contents. If you don’t know how to setup Kodi, follow the below steps:
- Click on the home button to open settings and then open My Fire TV. There you will find the developers option. Turn on the Apps from Unknown source from there.
- Now go to the preference from settings. Then turn off “Device usage data” and “collect app usage data.”
- Now open the App Store from the Fire Stick and search for “Downloader.” Once you have completed the downloader, launch the app.
- Now start the Downloader and enter the address in the text box, and hit enter:
- The download of the Kodi app will begin. Once completed, you can begin the app to start watching movies and TV shows.
Note that you will not find the Kodi app on the Homepage. Here is how to find the app: press the home button to open the apps. You will find the Kodi app under the apps.
The Amazon Fire Stick is one of the best ways to enjoy movies and TV shows whenever and wherever you want. We hope the above guide will help you to download and enjoy the app without integrating an Amazon Account.