Chromecast can be a convenient way to enjoy movies, TV series, and other types of media in the most comfortable way. You can easily control the smart devices using the Chromecast for PC app. Moreover, you can watch movies, videos, and other TV shows from your device to the PC. You can control a variety of device using the Chromecast app.
The Chromecast app includes a variety of features to offer you a decent streaming performance. You can directly access the Chromecast app for the Android and iOS devices. However, there is no official release of the app for Windows or Mac computers.
So, you will need to employ an alternate way on your PC to run the application.
Table of Contents
What is Chromecast and Why Use It?
The Chromecast is a device developed by Google that allows you to turn your old TV into a smart TV. You can enjoy all the recent trends like streaming, watching youtube, Netflix, and much more using the small device. You can also use your phone as a remote to control the Chromecast connected television.
The first Chromecast device released in 2013 and it got multiple updated versions with time. Now you can cast movies and videos on Full HD smoothly on any old device. You can also mirror your phone on the TV by using a smart and portable device. [Source]
Benefits of the Chromecast for PC
The Chromecast app is offered by InShot.inc, one of popular app developer agency. The app lets you cast your smartphone or computer screen to a bigger display smart television. Interestingly, the app works with a variety of smart devices including Google Cast, Chromecast, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, Roku TVs, and much more.
The app lets you cast online music, videos, stream files from your phone, and much more. There is also an option for live stream and IPTV. It also features a built-in browser to search for movies and videos. Your streaming experience will be decent as there are ad blocker and popup blocker in the app. Using the included remote, you can control everything.
The Chromecast app also gets a regular update which means you will be getting new features soon. Some of the upcoming features of the app include video downloader, subtitle downloader, cast from a cloud drive, custom themes, etc. The app is the best choice for casting your device from phone to PC in the easiest way.
How to use the Chromecast App on Windows and Mac Computers
Even though the developers InShot.inc didn’t yet release the app for the Windows and Mac operated computers, you can easily utilize it on your PC. There are several ways to use the program on computer devices. Below, we will acknowledge you two process.
How to Download Chromecast on PC (With Nox Emulator)
This is the simplest way to use the Chromecast on your PC. Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Open the Chrome browser from your computer and click on the menu option (three dots on the right upper corner).
- After clicking on the cast, your PC will search for the castable devices. So, make sure that the Chromecast device is on.
- Now select the device and you will see that the browser screen will start casting on the PC.
- Click again on the casting to stop casting. Select cast desktop, cast files, etc. depending on your preferred casting.
How to Download Chromecast in PC (With Emulator)
The browser version of the Chromecast app doesn’t offer you all the features and functionalities. If you want to experience the full version of the Chromecast app then you will need to use it through an emulator. The emulator will work by utilizing a virtual android machine inside your PC to run the android apps and games.
There are several android emulators for utilizing an android environment inside your PC. Some of the top-rated apps include Bluestack, Gameloop, Nox App Player, etc. Below, we will acknowledge you how to use the Nox App Player for using Chromecast on your PC:
- Get Nox App Player for your preferred operating system from the official download site of the program. Depending on the OS, Save the correct version of the app of your device.
- Install the app player after downloading the file. You should follow the instruction from the setup page for a successful installation.
- Now open the emulator app and look for the Play Store. Now open Play Store and access into the Google Play Services by login to your gmail ID.
- Search for the Chromecast app from the play store and select the right version from the search outcome.
- Install the Chromecast app and it will be ready to utilize within a while.
You will need to employ Bluestack emulator instead of the Nox App Player to install the Chromecast for PC on your Mac device.