Want to show off the adventurous footage that you have captured on the GoPro? There are several ways to do this. But if you want to watch the shots on a big screen with the family, the TV will be the best option.
So, how to connect a GoPro to a TV? Well, there are several ways of doing so. Keep going through the article to find out the easiest ways to enjoy the media from GoPro on your TV.
Connect GoPro with TV using an HDMI Cable
The most convenient way to connect a GoPro with TV is through HDMI cables. Most of the popular TV nowadays come with an HDMI port that enables you to connect with other devices. Here is how to do it:
- Put the GoPro in playback mode by using buttons on the device. Then use a Micro HDMI cable or HDMI adapter to connect the TV with the GoPro camera.
- Now plug the HDMI cable in the HDMI port on your television. Now turn on the television. Do the same thing for the GoPro.
- Generally, there are several input modes on TV. You will require choosing the correct HDMI input for seeing the preview.
- Use remote or switch on the TV to choose the right HDMI input. Once you do it, you will see the camera preview feed on the TV.
- Now you can use the navigation buttons on the GoPro to play the media. You should be able to preview both the videos and photos on the TV.
Which GoPro Cameras Supports HDMI?
All the GoPro models that come with Micro HDMI output support HDMI connectivity. The supported models include all the versions of the Hero Black series expect (Hero 8 Black). The Hero 8 Black model doesn’t arrive with a mini HDMI output. Hence, you will require purchasing a media mod to connect it with the TV through the HDMI method.
Connect GoPro with TV using a USB Cable
Another easy way to connect your GoPro with TV is through a USB cable. You will need to have a PC along with a USB 3.0 flash drive. Here is what to do:
- At first, connect your GoPro with a computer to copy the footage. You can use a regular USB cable for doing so.
- Now insert the USB drive into the PC and copy the footage on the drive. Detach the drive and connect it to your TV.
- That’s it; now you will find the videos and photos from the GoPro on the TV and watch them directly.
If you are going to watch the 4K footage, you must use a USB 3.0 flash drive. The typical USB 2.0 may not smoothly play high-resolution content.
You can also do this using a USB adapter. Simply, remove the memory card from the GoPro and put it on the adapter. Then connect the adapter to your TV to watch the footage.
Watch GoPro Media on TV Wirelessly
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of the cables, the wireless method will be the best option. It is possible to watch content from the GoPro wirelessly through screen mirroring. You will need to have a smart TV for this. Here is how to do it:
- Upload the files from GoPro to a PC. You can use a USB cable for doing this.
- Then enable “Network discovery” and “File and Printer sharing” options on the PC.
- Now right-click on the video or photo file and then click on “cast.”
- Choose the TV device to name to cast the media on TV.
The good thing is you can employ this method for any GoPro models. That’s because you don’t require connecting the camera directly in this method. However, your computer needs to support casting for this. You can also use a smartphone instead of a PC to cast the media using “Chromecast” or “Apple AirPlay.”
Watch GoPro Media on TV through RCA cable
If you are using a classic TV, then it may not arrive with the HDMI port. You can use the RCA or composite cable for watching the media. The RCA cables have three end cables. You will need to connect the wires in the same colored RCA ports on the TV. Then connect the GoPro to start previewing the media.
If you don’t already have an RCA cable, you can purchase one from the tech hardware stores or online shops. Note that the newer models will not support this method. It is only suitable for aged GoPro models like Hero4, Hero3, Hero3+, etc.
Now you have known some of the best options to connect the GoPro with TV. We are pretty sure that you will find a suitable option here to enjoy the stunning GoPro footage with your friends and family.