How to delete GoPro videos? As the camera capture stunning videos at 4K quality, the SD card storage will become full frequently. The most convenient way to make space for new videos is by deleting the older videos you don’t need anymore. In this post, we will let you know how to delete the videos in several ways.
Table of Contents
Delete All Videos from GoPro Directly
Do you want to eradicate all the videos or photos from the GoPro device at once? Well, you can do this easily. If you want to remove the old contents quickly, this will be the best option. Here is how to do it:
- Turn on your camera. Make sure that it has enough charge to work for a while.
- Then swipe down from the display navigation and then select “preference.”
- Go to the bottom of the page. Click on the “Reset” option (last in the list).
- You will be asked, “Delete all files and reformat your SD card?”
- Confirm the operation by clicking on the format or delete.
Once you click on the button, everything will be removed from the GoPro. The action is irreversible, and you cannot get the footage back once deleted. You can delete the data from the Hero5, Hero6, Hero7, Hero8 models of GoPro.
Delete the Footage from GoPro using a PC
If your GoPro models don’t include formatting options, you will need to connect the device with your PC. Here is how to do that:
- Take the SD card out from the GoPro and connect it with your PC. Use the card reader for doing so.
- After that, find the file manager and click on “This PC.” There you will find the SD card listed.
- Right-click on the SD card name using your mouse. Now choose “Format” from there. Confirm the action.
The SD card will be formatted, and all the data will be removed. Be cautious before doing so, as the process is irreversible. If you want to take a backup of the files, you need to do this before formatting.
You can also delete selected item following the method. Here is what to do:
- Connect the SD card with your PC using a card reader.
- Go to the “This PC” option from the file manager.
- Now, open the drive or SD card by clicking on its name.
- After that, open the DCIM folder inside the SD Card folder.
- Now select the file you want to delete the preferred files.
- You can also select multiple files and delete them at once.
How to Delete GoPro Videos from GoPro App
Are you utilizing the GoPro app? If so, you can also use it to delete the photos and videos. It is another convenient way to delete all the footage from GoPro at once. Here is how to do it:
- Start the GoPro app from your smartphone.
- Open the settings by pressing the wrench icon from the app.
- Go to the bottom of the settings page to find the delete option.
- Click “Delete all files from SD card” to clean the SD card.
You can also delete the preferred files and keep the others using the GoPro app. Here is how to do it:
- Begin the GoPro app and then click on the wrench icon to open settings.
- Now you can delete the last file option to remove single files from the SD card.
- Now view the media you want to delete from the GoPro and click Select item.
- Then pick the file you want to delete and then press on the trash can to remove it.
That’s it; the file will be removed from the memory storage.
As we discussed above, there are several ways to remove the videos and images from the GoPro. Most of the methods mentioned above delete the files permanently. So, if you want to check the file later, make sure to store it on your PC or phone before deleting it.