Firestick is one of the finest ways to enjoy on-demand movies and TV series. It is a compact media device that connects with your TV and enables you to stream movies or videos online. Typically, you can purchase shows from Amazon to watch on Firestick. But that may not be the preferred option as you don’t afford to pay the subscription.
Fortunately, you can add third-party applications on the Firestick to stream free content. To do so, you will require setting up an Amazon account with a credit card to download the App. However, you can also do it without a credit card. In this guide, we will show you how to download apps on Firestick without a credit card.
Create an Amazon Account
The preliminary thing you require to do is create an Amazon account for using the Firestick. However, we will not do this from the Firestick interface. We will sign up for Amazon from the PC/ mobile browser to bypass the credit card requirement. Here is how to make an account on Amazon:
- Go to Amazon.com from your PC or mobile. Then click on the “Account and List” option. You will see different options under the tab.
- If you don’t have a prior amazon ID, then press “start here.” Enter authentic information, including phone number and mail, for the account creation. Memorize or write down the password you are using for signup.
- Now you will require authenticating the signup through email verification. Check your email and click on the link from Amazon to verify. After succeeding in the confirmation, you will be logged in to the ID.
- After that, click on the “Account and Lists” option and go to the “Your Account” option. Now find the “Your Address” option from there and enter your address and save it.
That’s it; you have just done the first step.
Setting Up the Firestick
Now connect the Firestick with the TV and with the power outlet following the user manual. After turning the device on, you will be redirected to the setup screen. There you will be asked to open a new account or log in to the previous one. What you will need to do is to log in to the account you have just created. Note that it shouldn’t be your personal account that you use to purchase things.
After login with the credentials, you will be redirected to the home page of the Firestick TV. There you will be asked to provide credit card information. Skip the option and follow the next steps.
Installing the Kodi App
We will utilize the Kodi streaming application to watch free content through the Amazon Firestick. In case you don’t know, Kodi is an open-source and popular media streaming application. It is optimized for televisions so that the user can easily employ it for a comfortable watching experience. Using the Kodi app will enable you to watch a vast number of titles for free.
We are recommending you the Kodi app as it is one of the best of its type with an elegant interface and quality advanced features. Furthermore, it supports addons, letting you stream movies and shows from various sources over the internet. Follow the below guide to integrating the Kodi app on your Firestick:
- Begin with enabling the unknown source on the Firestick. Here is how to do it – open settings and then go to the My Fire TV tab and select the developer’s option. Then toggle on the “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Then come back to the settings and go to preferences. Then open privacy settings from there and turn Off device usage data. Also, turn off the collect app usage data.
- Now you will need to get a downloader app from the App store. Simply open the store and search for “Downloader.”
- Complete the download and launch the downloader. There you will find a URL box starting with HTTP://. Enter https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk and press go.
- The download of Kodi Leia 18.9 will begin, and it will take a while. Once completed, press on install and wait for the installation.
- It will show the App installed when the procedure is completed. Click open to begin the Kodi app. That’s it; you have successfully downloaded the Kodi app.
The Kodi app will not be listed on the homepage. So, you will need to access it from the apps. Press and hold the home button for five seconds, and then you can access it from Apps.
De-Register the Amazon Account
You are one stage away from retrieving the free shows. You will need to de-register the Amazon app for safety. Here is how to do it:
- Open settings by holding the Home button and access my account option.
- You will find Amazon Account under it. Press de-register. That’s it; you are done.
How to Use Kodi App on Firestick Safely?
Accessing the copyrighted movies or videos through the Kodi app is not safe. In some specific countries, copyright law is pretty strict, and you can even be fined for copyright infringement. So, it will be a sensible decision to employ a VPN for a safe streaming experience.
We hope the above description will benefit you to download apps and enjoy free titles on Firestick without a credit card.