Want to enjoy the stunning footage you’ve captured on HDTV? Well, there are several easy ways to do so. This post will let you know how to hook up a GoPro for the HDTV in three different ways. Go through each method to find the most suitable option for you.
Watch GoPro on HDTV using HDMI Cable
Nowadays, almost all the HDTV or smart TVs arrive with HDMI ports. You can use the newer versions of the GoPro to connect with HDTV using the HDMI port. Here is how to do it:
- Turn on the GoPro and put it on the PlayBack mode. Then plug the HDMI cable on the port of the TV. Then, connect the opposite end with GoPro using a Micro HDMI cable or HDMI adapter.
- Turn on the TV. Then, you will need to change the HDMI input channel on the TV. Use the TV remote to change it.
- Once you switched the TV to the right HDMI input channel, you should be able to see the preview from the GoPro. You can employ the navigation buttons on the GoPro to play the media.
The good thing is GoPro enables you to watch both videos and pictures on TV through HDMI cable. We will recommend you to utilize this procedure as it offers a smooth user experience. However, you may not use this method on all GoPro models. Some of the supported models include Hero Black 4 to Hero 8 Black (all the versions in between).
Watch GoPro on HDTV using USB Drive
Most HDTV comes with at least one USB port. You can use the USB drive to watch the media on the TV. Here is how to do it.
- At first, connect GoPro with a computer using the USB cable. Then connect a USB drive (USB 3.0 will be better) with your PC.
- Now copy the materials on the USB drive and take it out from the PC.
- Connect the USB drive to the TV through its USB port. Now the media will be loaded on the TV, and you can start enjoying them.
It would be better if you employ a USB 3.0 flash drive for a smoother experience. The USB 2.0 drive may load the footage, but it will not that smooth.
If you do have a USB adapter, you can do this work done without a computer. Take out the memory card from the GoPro and put it on the USB adapter. Now connect the USB adapter with the TV. That’s it; you can now enjoy all the footage from on the TV.
Watch GoPro on HDTV Wirelessly
Want to enjoy the GoPro footage on HDTV wirelessly? You can do this through device casting. Here is the easiest way to do this:
- Transfer the footage on your computer from the GoPro using the USB cable.
- Then enable the “File and Printer Sharing” and “Network Discover” options on your PC.
- Now open the folder where you saved the file and right-click on the footage file.
- After that, click “Cast” from the floating option menu.
- Then select the device or TV where you want to cast the media.
You can also cast the footage by using third-party apps. Moreover, it is possible to cast the photos from smartphones using Android Chromecast or Apple AirPlay apps. You will need to copy the media on the smartphone for doing so.
These are some of the best options available for hooking up a GoPro on the HDTV. If you know anything other methods than these, then please let us know through comment.
You might Be Interest to Our Related Video: