Play Store is the biggest source of games and apps for android-based devices. As per the statics of 2020, there are around 2.56 million apps available on the platform. The android apps are open source and you can download them from anywhere. However, it’s recommended to use the Play Store app to download the official apps safely.
As the Firestick runs on an android-based operating system, you may think of using the store app on your Amazon Firestick device. Below, we will discuss how you can have Google Play Store on Firestick. Keep going through the article to acknowledge the detailed information on this.
How to Install Google Play Services on Firestick
The Google Play Store app is not officially available on the Amazon App Store, the official app platform of Amazon Firestick. However, you can enjoy the Play Store on the Firestick by following any of the given methods below. Before you install, note that you cannot access most of the apps of the Play Store through Firestick. You can enjoy the streaming and related apps mostly.
Google Play Store on Firestick with a Downloader
The Google Play Store app can be easily downloaded through a downloader app. Before you try the download, you will require tweaking some settings on the Firestick device. You will require turning on the app download from an unknown source and the ADB debugging.
Here is how to do it:
- Turn on the Firestick device and go to “My Fire TV”.
- Find the developer option from there and scroll down to find “Apps from Unknown Source”.
- Once you find the option, turn it on to download apps from outside Amazon App Store.
- Now come back to developer mode and do the same for “ADB Debugging”.
You will see a warning while turning on the options. Ignore the warning and turn the options to make the Play Store app on the Firestick.
Installation Procedure of Google Play Store on Firestick
Now your Firestick is ready to install the Google Play Store app. Follow the below guide to complete the installation:
- Open the downloader of the Firestick device. If you don’t already have a downloader installed, you can get one from the App Store. Simply search for Downloader and install it from the result.
- Now you will require downloading the apk files to install Play Store. You will require four APK files which are Google Service Framework, Google Play, Play Store, and Account Manager.
- Here are the download links to the files.
- Write down the first URL of the app on the Downloader and then click on Go. Download all the apps one by one and install them. Complete the installation of the Play Store app at last.
Once you are done, you can begin using the Play Store on the Firestick after login with Gmail. As the Play Store App is built for smartphone devices, we cannot ensure you that the app will works smoothly on your Firestick device.
The alternative of the Play Store App (Aptoide App)
As we mentioned earlier, the Play Store app may not work efficiently on Firestick devices as it is not officially available and not optimized for Firestick devices. The Aptoide app can be a great alternative to the regular Play Store app. It is one of the most used 3rd Party app stores out there with a massive array of apps on different genres. There are around 75000 apps and it is compatible with all the popular streaming devices.
The Aptoide app is available free of charge. Besides, it is easy to install and arrives with an optimized interface for easy navigation on the TVs. Another impressive thing about the platform is it even includes apps that are not available on the Play Store. So, you can consider using it if the Play Store app doesn’t work perfectly or you fail to download it.
How to Download Aptoide App on Firestick
Aptoide app is not also not available directly on the official Amazon App Store. So, you will require sideloading it in an alternative way. Here is the step that you will require following for this:
- Make your Amazon Firestick ready for installing the app from the outside source. Basically, you will require turning on the “Apps from Unknown Source” and “ADB Debugging” following the way we mentioned earlier.
- Now, you will need a downloader app to get the Aptoide apk file. If you don’t already have a downloader, use the above-mentioned way to get one.
- Open the downloader and grant the permission if it asks. You will see an URL box in the downloader interface. Enter the URL in the box: tv.aptoide.com. It’s the official website of the Aptoide app.
- Once the webpage load, scroll down to find the download link. Click on “Download Aptoide TV” to save the APK file on your device.
- The file will take a while to download depending on your internet speed. Once the download is complete, you will be moved to the installation window. Click Install from there.
- Once the app download completes, you can start using it instantly by clicking on “Open”. Give the required permission and start downloading your favorite app.
As the app will be downloaded in sideloading method, you will not find it under the “Apps and Games” list. You can easily bring it to the list. Here is what to do: long press on the home button and then select Apps from the popup. Then select Aptoide TV and then select “options” from the bottom-right. Now select “Move to front”. That’s it you are done.
This is How You Can Have Google Play Store on Firestick. We hope that you will be able to install the Play Store app on your Firestick by following the above guide. If the first method doesn’t work for you, make sure to try the second one. We can assure you that it will work.
Related Information: You might be interest to Our related information.