Smart TVs are a new invention of technology that helps the users to widen their entertainment experience. Smart TVs, also known as Hybrid TV, lets you enjoy Television channels through satellite dishes like the usual TVs. At the same time, you can connect to the internet and watch multimedia from different sources online. You can also install android applications on smart TV. However, you must jailbreak the Smart TV to download android apps on it.
In today’s guide, we will let you know how to jailbreak a smart TV. In case you don’t know, let me tell you what jailbreaking is. The smart television companies usually manufacture the television with a restriction that prevents you from downloading unauthorized apps on the device. Today, we will explain how you can easily Jailbreak a smart TV. Seat tight and keep reading the below paragraphs carefully.
Table of Contents
How to Jailbreak a Samsung Smart TV
The Samsung Televisions are usually manufactured with a modified Linux Operating system. Samsung uses the same kernel in various smart devices, including smartphones, tablets, smartwatch, smart cameras, printers, etc. You can easily root the device to remove the restrictions if it arrives with a built-in ARM processor with firmware version less than or equal 1018.0. Check out the procedures below to root the device.
Things You Will Need:
- Samsung SDK
- XBMC or GIT
- At first, turn on the Samsung Smart TV in the general procedure. Then use the remote of the TV to open the settings menu.
- Find and open the setup options from the settings. You may require using a PIN Code to enter this particular tab. The PIN code should be mentioned in the instruction manual of the device. You may also call the manufacturer’s customer care for information regarding this.
- After opening the setup tab, you will be asked to select a language at first. Select your preferred language and go next.
- Now you will be asked to select a country. Choose the country and proceed to the next tab.
- In the new tab, you will require to select the internet service location. Select the right location and go next.
- After that, select the aerial option and click on next. Now enter the password code to continue to the next step.
- In the new window, there should be update now option. Click on the update now option to process further.
- After doing so, the television should start updating. It will take a while to complete depending on the internet speed.
After completing the update, the smart TV will ask for permission to turn off. Click, yes, and the settings will be applied to the TV. Now after opening the TV, you will find it as root, and you can access unrestricted downloads and other features.
How to Jailbreak Amazon Fire TV Stick
Jailbreaking the Amazon Firestick is also almost the same as the Samsung Smart TV. Before Jailbreaking the Amazon Firestick TV, you will need to create a free Amazon account. You will need the login credentials for setting up the Fire TV Stick. Follow the below steps:
At first, open the home screen of the Firestick TV using the remote’s home button. Then open the setting menu of the TV using the remote.
Now go to the preferences of the television. Click on it to open the setting. In the choices, you will find the privacy settings. Open the privacy settings and turn off all the listed parameters.
Save the settings and back to the previous window using the back button on the remote. Now hover to the Data Monitoring option right under the Privacy Settings. Turn off the data monitoring option.
Now return to the preferences and go to the featured content option. Turn off all the listed settings under the tab, including video autoplay and audio autoplay. Then get back to the previous screen and open the My Fire TV option.
Open the developer’s mode from MY Fire TV window. Then open the option “Apps from unknown sources.” Click on the options and then click on the “Turn on” option. That’s it; you have successfully jailbroken the Firestick TV for installing apps outside Amazon App Store.
Jailbreak Older Amazon Fire Stick TV
You cannot implement the above steps in the older Firestick smart televisions. However, there is an alternative option for TVs. Here are the procedures that you will need to follow:
- Open Amazon App store and search for Downloader. Then simply download the downloader application. You will need to have the downloader tool for installing various apps from the internet that are not available on the Store.
- Once the app is installed, we will use it to download the Google Play alternative app called “Aptpoide.” The third-party application has an extensive number of apps that you will usually not find in the Amazon store. The steps are described below.
- Now open the Downloader by searching using the keyboard. Open the app and give the required access for using the program.
- You will see a quick start guide after opening the application. Click on ok and then click on the URL bar. In the URL bar, type the URL: troypoint.com/app and click on Go.
- That is the download link of the Aptoide TV, and it will be automatically installed on your device after opening the link.
- Once the download is completed, click on install. After the installation is completed, click on done.
- After doing so, you will see a pop-up. Click on the Delete button from the pop-up. Now return on the apps and channels to open the Aptoide TV from there.
- Then move the Aptoide TV from front to the apps and channels tab. That’s it; the app is installed on your device successfully.
The same procedure is also applicable for you if you are searching for the method of how to jailbreak Hisense smart tv.
How to Install Kodi on a Smart TV
You can use the Kodi app to remove restrictions and download any apps on your smart TV. The installation procedure of the Kodi app varies depending on the brand of the TV. Different Smart TV brands require different steps. Below, we will let you know how to install the Kodi app on the various brand TVs.
Sony Smart TV
You can download the apps from the Google Play store. Simply launch the Play store app and search for the program. Download the app from the search result. Install the app from the search result. You can simply use the app from the apps tab. You can also use the apps through screen sharing from another device using the Screen Sharing option (Miracast).
Samsung Smart TV
If your Samsung smart TV runs on Tizen OS, then you cannot use the program on the TV. If your TV is powered by Android TV operating system, there are options for you to download it. Open Play Store from the TV and then search for the app. Download and install the app from the search result, and it will be ready to use.
In the above, we discussed various procedures of jailbreaking a smart TV. We hope you will find a suitable option for your TV from the above options.