Firestick is an excellent way to stream movies and videos from different platforms. The small device can turn your regular TV into a smart TV where you can watch on-demand shows. When compared with traditional TVs, Firestick TV enables you to watch movies from various sources. Such as, you can watch enjoy streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.
How to Record from Firestick to DVD Recorder? You may want to record your favorite show in the Firestick. Well, it is possible through an easy guide. Keep going through the article to explore the best way of recording media from Firestick to DVD recorder.
How to Record from Firestick to DVD Recorder
Before we begin, you should gather the required equipment for the work. Here are the things that you will need:
- DVD recorder
- Video Cable
- Recordable and blank DVD Disc
- USB cables
- Remote control
- Capture card
- HDMI splitter
- TV Monitor
Implement the below step by step parameter to record media on DVD from Firestick:
- Turn on all the mentioned devices by connecting them to the power source along with the Firestick and DVD.
- Now make a connection between the DVD recorder and TV. If you want to connect the devices with cable, you will require a composite cable, including S-video and RCA audio cable.
- Now you need to connect the component video cable and RCA audio cable to the inputs of the TV and DVD output.
- After completing the procedure, make sure that it is working correctly. If everything goes okay, you should be able to view and record the TV screen through the DVD.
- Now choose the suitable input for the rear input, which is usually amongst L1 and L3. And use the L2 input as front input to the DVD recorder. Now you should be able to tune the suitable input for recording.
- Choose channel 3 or 4 in the DVD recorder and set it using a DTV converter for the recording. You can also use the setup box for doing so. Now you should be able to record your preferred movies or series on the DVD.
Following this way, you should be able to record most of the media on the DVD. However, the process may not work if you try recording protected content.
Can I Record Movies or TV Shows Directly on Firestick?
The answer is yes; you can effortlessly record shows or movies on the Firestick without any extra tools. It can be an excellent alternative to troublesome recording on the DVD. Here is how you can do this:
- Connect Firestick with TV and turn the devices on.
- Switch on the TV and select the correct input for the Firestick.
- Hold the Menu button on the remote for a while to open the recording.
- Scroll down to below, and you should find the recording option.
- Turning on the “Record” will enable you to record your preferred content.
Following this way, you should be able to record the movies or TV shows in the memory of the Firestick. However, there is very limited memory (less than 8 GB). So, you may not be able to store multiple recordings.
There is another way to record the Movies on the Firestick through Alexa. The Firestick supports voice commands, and if your remote support voice control, you can record with it. Simply say “Alexa, record the (show name)” to start recording and “Alexa, record the (show name).” You can even delete the record through the voice control by saying, “Alexa, delete the (show name).”