The Skype app is one of the most popular applications for audio and video calling for decades. Though there are hundreds of online apps currently for visual and verbal communication, Skype was the first convenient application that allowed users to do so. To date, many people still use the Skype application for a variety of purposes, including teaching, business meeting, conferences, and many more purposes.
Sometimes you will need to record a video call. Fortunately, the Skype application allows you to do so directly from the app. If you want to know how to record skype video call on the laptop, check out the next paragraphs. We will describe the procedure below.
How to Record Skype Video Call Directly
Previously, we had to depend on third-party applications for recording the video and audio calls from skype. However, thanks to Skype as they have recently released the record features. Using the function, you can easily record video and audio calls from skype without downloading any third-party application. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to start recording the conversation:
- At first, open the skype and join or make a call. There you will find a “+” button after joining a call. It should be available in the bottom right corner of the call window.
- After clicking on the plus icon, you will see different options. The last option should be “Start recording.”
- You can click on the option to start recording the call. If the option is not available on your device, then that means your Skype is not updated. Download the latest modern version of skype to access the feature.
- You can stop recording the call by clicking on the “X” icon. Note that the other peoples in the call will also now that you are recording the call. They will see it in a banner for legal purposes.
The call recording will happen on the cloud, which means no data from your end will be deducted for the recording. Besides, the recorded file will also be stored over the cloud. The record will be available on the Skype server for 30 days.
How to Save the Record
You can easily view and share the recorded file from the cloud. Besides, you can also download the file and save it on your computer. Saving the video is also very easy. You will require to follow the below steps to keep the recording.
- Open the Skype app from your laptop and open the conversations you recorded. In the discussions, the record will be available as a video in the message.
- Now click on the more options from the right-upper corner of the video thumbnail. Click on the save as options and select a download location on your PC’s hard drive.
- The file will be downloaded on your device within a while after saving. It will be saved as an MP4 file.
- If you are working on a smartphone, then open the conversation and long press on video file. Then click on the save option to download it.
That’s it – you can easily record any skype video call following the method. It is the easiest method available for recording skype conversations. However, it will not be suitable for you if you wanted to record a restricted conversation where recording is not allowed. You can check out the below methods for recording skype calls secretly.
How to Record Skype Calls Secretly
If you want to save Skype video calls secretly, you will need to use third-party applications. Fortunately, there are so many free third-party applications that you can use for recording skype video calls. Check them out from below:
The CallNote is one of the best application for recording video and audio calls from different sources. It allows you to record the conversation in HD quality. Using the app, you can record calls from Google Meet, Skype, Viber, Google Hangout, FaceTime, and many more sources. Another remarkable thing about the software is it allows you to edit the video like adding text, adding audio, and inserting and erasing parts.
You can also upload the recorded videos on different cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, EverNote, and other cloud storage platforms. More so, you can also share the recorded videos with your friends and colleagues. One unique feature of the app is you can add transcription in 18 languages from the app. Such amazing features make the app an excellent choice for recording skype video calls smoothly.
Ever think of recording your video calls without using any application? If so, then the Screenapp.io can be an excellent choice for you. You will be glad to discover that the online app can help you record your screen without downloading any app. The program is hugely beneficial for the person who uses a low configuration computer. They can smoothly record the screen or video calls from their usual browser.
To use the ScreenApp, you will not even require a browser extension. Besides, you will not need any registration, subscription, or payment for recording. All you need to do is open the website from your browser and click on get started. You can start recording immediately. After the tape is done, you can easily save the recording on your local storage. Note that the app will only work on Skype Web.
The AnyCap recorder is a perfect video recording application that you can use on your computer. The free screen recorder application allows you to save the video in high-quality MP4 and AVI formats. More so, you can record video calls from different sources, including Skype, Google Hangouts, Facebook, and other places. It can record the sound from both sides. You can also record separate Mp3 audios files using the app.
You can make skype audio and video recording extremely easy by following the above-discussed methods on Windows and Mac computers. If you want to record an unrestricted call, we will suggest you the official process. You can use the recommended third party applications for the conversations where recording is illegal.