If you are using multiple WiFi then it is quite normal to forget the WiFi network. However, it is relatively easy to check the password on any android device. Especially, if you have an upgraded android device (Android 10 or up), you will don’t even require installing any apps for checking the WiFi password. After reading the article, you will learn several ways on how to view saved WiFi passwords on Android.
The password you save on the device is stored inside it until you remove the network. So, it is not an issue if you forget the password. There are several ways of finding WiFi passwords on Android, which we will describe today.
Table of Contents
How to See Saved WiFi Passwords on Android in 2020
If your device is operating on Android 10 OS, then you can easily check the password. The new OS version allows you to find the password from the phone’s WiFi settings. Moreover, you can even share the password with someone else directly. The entire procedure of checking the password is pretty simple. Here is the instruction set you need to follow:
- Go the settings of your android phone and then go to network and internet settings.
- Now open the WiFi settings and open the tab of connected WiFi network.
- In this tab, you will find all the WiFi networks that have been saved on the device.
- Now click on the share button to find the password. Select the preferred network from there.
- You will be asked to authenticate with fingerprint to verify that it is you.
- After the verification, you will find a QR code to share the WiFi password.
- Right under the QR code, you will find the password.
Apart from fingerprint, you can also use the alternative method like “ PIN” to find the password. The procedure will work on all the android ten and upper versions (both rooted and unrooted). Unfortunately, it will not work if you are using an old android version. However, you can use the given procedure to find the password on older devices.
How to Find Password Using ES File Explorer
As the name suggests, the ES File Explorer is a file manager application that allows you to view all types of files stored on your device. It brings you useful features like file back, restore, advanced file modifications, and many more things. You can also use to find the WiFi password of the device even without rooting. Here is how to do it:
- Install the ES file Explorer from Google Play Store of your phone.
- Start the file Explorer and drag the left navigation bar from the homepage.
- In the navigation bar, you will need to find the device option and open it.
- Now go to System, and then, etc from there, and open WiFi from the new folder.
- You should find a folder called “wpa_supplicant_conf”.
- Open the mentioned file with HTML editor or any other text viewer.
- In the text file, you will find all the saved WiFi password that was ever connected to the device.
You will find the SSID and password listed together in the text file. Note that the technique may not work on all the devices. Apart from the ES File Editor, you can also use the other file manager applications that offer you advanced controls. Some of these apps include X-plore file manager, root viewer, etc.
How to find Saved WiFi Password Using ADB Commands with PC
As like the command prompt or CMD of your Windows PC, there is an option for Android called ADB or Android Debug Bridge. Using the command tool, you can control a lot of things inside your android device. However, you will need to execute the commands by using a PC device. Follow the steps to find the WiFi password using ADB commands:
- Start with installing the SDK Package on your Windows PC. You can find the SDK package by searching on Google.
- Also, install the ADB driver on your PC from adbdriver.com.
- Now enable the USB debugging option from the developer’s option of your android PC. Then link the android device with PC using a USB cable.
- Now open the SDK installation folder where you have installed the SDK package. Then left-click with the mouse on the folder and select “open command folder here”.
- Enter “adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf” in the CMD and hit enter.
- After doing so, you will find all the WiFi networks listed with the passwords.
The procedure is a little bit complex, but this is the best way to find the WiFi password. You can find the password on both older or newer devices using the technique.
Find the Password with WiFi Password Recover App
Note that the procedure will only work on the rooted android devices. So, if your Android is not rooted, you should avoid trying the technique. The app allows you to view the password and SSID list that was previously connected to the device. You can also share the password through email or SMS. Here is how to use it:
- Install the “Free WiFi Password Recovery” app from Play Store on your android phone.
- Then confirm the root permission so that the app can find you the password and SSID.
- As soon as you confirm the root permission, you will find all the passwords along with SSID on the new page.
- You can click on the SSID to show it as QR code or on full screen. You can also share the password through email or SMS from there.
Finding the saved WiFi password on Android devices is not that hard. You can use one of the procedures mentioned above to see the password easily.