Are you searching for a dedicated live stream platform for your mac device? Then the Periscope for Mac can be an excellent choice for you. There are multiple social media platforms that let you a variety of functionalities. But the Periscope app is different when compared with the other. The social media platform is only dedicated to live streaming videos.
The Periscope app is currently available for Android, iPhone, and iPad devices. There is no official release of the program available for the Mac computers till now. However, that doesn’t mean that you cannot use the Periscope on your Mac computers. In our today’s write-up, we will let you know how to use the Periscope on Mac computers.
Table of Contents
Periscope – Broadcast Yourself to the World
The Periscope application allows you to get connected with the outer world through the live videos. It is the biggest live video sharing platform that let you see live videos from all over the world. You can see different types of videos from the app based on your interest. Such as, different channels broadcast news videos. Moreover, some individuals also broadcast live videos on various topics such as vlog, travel video, tutorial, etc.
The Periscope app also allows you to interact with the broadcaster using hearts and comments during the live. You can explore different live videos from all over the world on the different topics by searching by broadcaster, topics, or location. Moreover, if you miss a video, then you can also watch the best parts of the video easily with replay highlights. The Periscope app is the best of its type made till now.
How Can You use the Periscope for Mac?
You simply cannot use the Periscope app on your Mac directly like the other Mac apps as it is not available for the Mac devices yet. You can use an android emulator program on your Mac to install the android release of the app. The emulator is a computer program that lets you produce an android virtual device on your computer, similar to android phones. You can easily run any android programs on your computer by doing so.
There are varieties of emulators available for Mac devices. However, not all of them can ensure decent performance. We will recommend you to use the Bluestack android emulator. The emulator is one of the best android emulators out there available at no cost. It arrives with an easy to use interface which lets you smoothly run any android programs on the Mac computers.
Downloading the Periscope on the Mac computer using the Bluestack is very straightforward. Check out the steps from below that you will need to follow for this purpose:
- Get the Bluestack android emulator on your Mac. You can download the file from the official site of the emulator. Make sure that you are picking the right version that will be supported on Mac devices.
- Then complete the installation of the emulator using the guideline and start the program from your homepage.
- Open the android emulator and begin the google play store from there. You must log in to Gmail to obtain the service of the play store.
- Now search for Periscope from the play store and install it. The Periscope app will be available to launch within a while on your Mac.
How to Broadcast on Periscope?
Broadcasting on Periscope is very easy. Check out the procedure from below:
- Open a Periscope account and then go to your broadcast preview. You will need to click on the camera icon from the bottom right of the app screen.
- Write a title of the broadcast that will describe your broadcast best. The viewers can see the title while watching the broadcast.
- Now you can select the privacy or who you want to share the broadcast. Then choose the location, sharing, and chat preferences by clicking the button Go Live.
- You can tap on the compass to select the location and the chat bubble for a limited chat. The live stream will start as soon as you click the go-live button.
- You can easily stop the broadcast by swiping the screen.
The Periscope for Mac is becoming the next big thing in the list of social media. Hopefully, you can easily install the app on your Mac with given guidance.