If you here, then it means you might be going through the “no sound” in the Windows 7 computer. The no sound on the Windows 7 may cause when your PC go to the safe mode. It can also cause by virus or malware attacks and some other problems.
Sometimes, you may find that the sound test under the Realtek Audio Driver works smoothly but still, you cannot play audio from Windows Media Player or Youtube. In this passage, we will discuss various ways to solve: Sound Test Works but No Sound Windows 7 Solutions.
Reinstall or Update the Audio Driver of Windows 7
Sometimes, it can be quite hard to troubleshoot or find out the reasons behind the no sound problem on your computer. You can try re-installing the Audio Driver by following the below steps:
- Turn on your Windows 7 PC and open the run option by clicking the Windows and R key together.
- Now write devmgmt.msc on the run box. It will open the Device Manager option of your PC.
- From the device manager, go through the listed features to find the “Sound, Video and Game controllers” folder.
- Now right-click on the option and select uninstall. This will remove the sound driver from the PC.
- Now restart the computer and the sound driver of your Windows PC will be automatically re-installed.
The no sound problem should be solved after restarting the Windows 7 PC. You can test the audio by playing a song or video from the PC. If it still doesn’t work, try updating the drivers to the latest versions following the below procedure.
Update the Driver of Your Windows 7 PC
Sometimes an outdated drive can also cause the No Sound issue on the Windows computers. You can get rid of the no sound problem by updating the driver. You can simply update the driver by clicking on the “Update Driver Software” by right-clicking the Driver menu from the device manager. You can also automatically upgrade the driver using Driver Easy below procedure:
- Begin with installing the Driver Easy program on your Windows 7 PC. It is an excellent app to find the outdated driver and easily install the latest version.
- Open the Driver Easy software and press on scan now options to find out the drivers that have new versions available.
- In the new window, check whether the audio driver is available or not. If it is available then that means the audio driver is outdated.
- Click on the updated button from the right edger of the driver to install the updated driver automatically.
After the driver update is downloaded, reboot the Windows 7 PC and you should be able to enjoy the music now without any hassles. Check the sound as we mentioned above by playing music to be assured about the sound.
Troubleshoot the Audio to Find and Solve the Issue
Whether you are using a Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating system, the troubleshoot function can help you to quickly find and fix any issues. Here is how to run the audio troubleshooter on your Windows 7 computer:
- Turn on the computer device and click on the start button from the bottom-left corner.
- Now press Control Panel and find the system and security options from the control panel. Click on “find and fix” problems under the tab.
- Then you will be moved to the “troubleshot computer problems” where you can begin the procedure.
- Click on “Troubleshoot audio playback” under the “hardware and sound” tab. Click next to initiate the troubleshooting procedure.
- The process may take a few minutes as it will try to find the issues on your PC. Now check the audio device that you need to troubleshoot. It can be the headphones or speaker.
- After scanning for a while, the feature will let you know and fix the problem if it can find any issues on the audio devices.
After solving the issues click on “close” and reboot the PC to check the changes. If the sounds still don’t work, then follow the next guide.
It can be quite hard to acknowledge what is causing no sound issues even when the sound test is working perfectly. You can try the above troubleshooting and fixing steps to get rid of the disturbing issue. If you still cannot solve any sound issue using the given procedure, then we will recommend you to contact the Microsoft or the PC manufacturer.