Firestick has become a convenient way to enjoy both on-demand titles and live TV channels. Developed by Amazon, the Firestick device comes with excellent optimization and features which makes it immensely popular amongst consumers. However, as it is still considerably new, there are some bugs in the operating system of the Firestick.
One of such issues is the freezing screen. If you infrequently encountering the issue then you are not alone. In this guide, we will let you know the main reasons behind the problem. We will also share some solutions that you can try to get rid of the issue.
Why Does My Firestick Keep Freezing? – The Reasons
No one wants interruption while enjoying their favorite TV show or movie. The freezing firestick issues can make thrash your excitement for the entertainment. However, the good thing is it doesn’t occur frequently. Typically, the Firestick freeze when the RAM or memory is fully equipped. The reason can cause buffering, restarting, and other issues.
There can be some other reasons that cause freezing. It doesn’t matter what’s causing the issue, you should be able to get rid of it by trying some easy fixes. The first thing you can try is to restart the device. Restarting can instantly solve most of the problems on your Firefox.
How does Restart help?
A lot of individuals often underestimate the restart option of the device. As we said earlier, it can solve a lot of issues with your device instantly by starting again the system. Restarting usually removes the long-term software data of the previous session. When you keep the device turned on for a long period, the apps you are using keep using the memory still when you have exited them.
Some of them can even run in the background after exiting and keep consuming the memories. It can lead to issues like slow device, freezing, buffering, etc. A simple restart can stop all the open apps and release the memory used by the apps. By refreshing the RAM, it enables you to run the apps smoothly without any issues.
5 Ways to Unfreeze Firestick
Even after restarting the device, the freezing is still occurring, then you will require to try the other ways. There are several fixes that you can try to get rid of the problem. Below, we will let you know some techniques that may effectively unfreeze the Amazon Firestick devices.
Restart the Remote
All the firestick devices arrive with a remote that you will require to control the operation of the streaming device. If you are firestick is freeze, it sometimes caused by glitches in the remote. You can try restarting the remote to solve it. Here is how to restart the firestick remote:
- Gram the remote and press on the “Select” button for few seconds.
- Then press on the “Pause/Play” button for the same amount of time.
- After holding the buttons for around 5 to 10 seconds, the device should restart.
It’s an easy fix if you have the firestick remote. However, the method may not always work to unfreeze the device. Make sure to try the other procedures if it not works.
Unplug The Power Cable
If the freezing issue is caused by background apps, this method should work to solve the problem. You can restart the Firestick by disconnecting it from the power source and reconnect it after a while. The procedure is called “Power-cycle” and it should be able to power up the Firestick TV effectively.
Here is what to do:
- Carefully disconnect the power cable of the firestick from the wall outlets or the electric source.
- Now wait for thirty seconds and reconnect the cable. The firestick device should restart now.
You should be able to use the Firestick device smoothly after doing so. The procedure is completely safe and even the Manufacturer Amazon recommends it.
Reset Firestick to Default Settings
Sometimes some settings or incompatibility of the app can cause the restarting issue. You can solve it by doing a factory reset of the Firestick to default settings.
- Open the settings of the Firestick app from the home menu.
- Now find “Restore to Default Settings”. Sometimes it may also available as “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- Click on the option and then press on the restore/reset button. It will take a while to complete the reset procedure.
- After a while, the device should restart and ask you to login/ register.
Note that this method will remove all the settings and installed apps from the device. You will also require login or registering again to keep using the device.
Unfreeze with Remote App on your Smartphone
Do you lose the remote that comes with Firestick and the device is freeze? Well, if you cannot find the remote, you can try the virtual app remotes to get rid of the freezing. They are available for both android and iOS devices. Here is how to use the Amazon Fire TV app as a remote to solve the issue.
- Install the app on your device from Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store.
- Now connect to the Firestick by following the recommended way in the app.
- Now you should be able to control the device through the app.
You can also try the CetusPlay, another app that you can use as a remote for Firestick. The impressive part about the CetusPlay app is it can be used as a mouse for convenient control of the device.
Clear the Cache of Firestick Apps:
Clearing the app cache is a thing that you can do to prevent the firestick from unfreezing.
Here is how to clear the cache of Firestick.
- Press the Home Button of the Firestick Remote and head to settings.
- Now find MY Fire TV from the settings.
- Now scroll the page to find the about option.
- Go to “Storage” from the About page.
- You can now get rid of the caches of the app from there.
We hope that the above methods will work for you to unfreeze the firestick device.
You might be interest to our Related resources: